Go to footer

Japanese Voice Pack for C9 Global

This is the place to discuss everything about C9 that doesn't fall into any of the following subcategories.

Japanese Voice Pack for C9 Global

Postby Castie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:00 am

Japanese Voice Pack for C9 (Continent of the Ninth Seal)
Written by Castie of .BROTHERHOOD.
Battle Maiden and Erta voices by Nappolleon
http://www.c9nation.com

Version 1.06.02, Updated 5/17/2017 [Upload Complete]

http://www.c9nation.com/forum/download/Japanese%20Voice%20Pack%20for%20C9%20Global.zip

This voice pack is only intended for the official global version of C9.
If you are using some version of C9 other than the official global version
from http://c9.webzen.com, be advised that this voice pack was not made for
your version and probably will not work correctly, if at all.

Follow these instructions:

1.) Back up your existing NPC_SOUND and PC_SOUND folders to a safe location.
The folders can be usually be found under C:\Program Files (x86)\WEBZEN\C9\Sound\
or C:\Program Files\WEBZEN\C9\Sound\

If you are using gPotato or Steam, you may need to look under gPotato or Steam folders.

2.) Delete the original NPC_SOUND and PC_SOUND folders in C9\SOUND\ folder.

3.) Copy the NPC_SOUND and PC_SOUND folders that you see in this voice pack, to your
C9\SOUND\ folder.

That's all there is to it. Run C9 and enjoy the new voices in Japanese!

Some of you may recognize the voices of Nami, Robin, Zoro and Frankie from One Piece :)

If you want or need to restore the English voices, simply delete the NPC_SOUND and PC_SOUND
folders under C9\Sounds and copy back the original folders from your backup.

For updates and new voice packs, visit http://www.c9nation.com

Join our guild on SEA server! :)

CREDITS:

Thanks to Nappolleon for his Mystic voice fixes for Battle Maiden and Erta.
Without his work, our Mystics would not have proper voices.

Thanks once again to Rasetsumaru for providing the JP audio folders.

Thanks to Mlikyway (who made the Korean voice pack in 2013). I enjoyed his KR voice pack
and it gave me the idea of making the JP voice pack. I also referred to the file and
folder structure in Mliky's voice pack, and even used his CFS files as the shell for
repacking my own files in the early versions.

Thanks to Attention, deamon3 and ramboy for offering help and advice.

Thanks to my guildmates ChayTron, LenaScarlet, OmniBong and CasshMeer, and those of you on
the C9 forums who provided encouragement and moral support for the project! :)

BUG FIX #1: Demonisher sounds were fixed. 2014-02-17
BUG FIX #2: Mystic sounds were fixed. 2014-02-17
BUG FIX #3: Additional fixes to Mystic voices. 2014-03-09
BUG FIX #4: Fixed compatibility issues with 6th continent 1st half update. 2014-05-15
BUG FIX #5: Mystic sounds were fixed. 2014-08-09
BUG FIX #6: Nappolleon's Japanese voices for Battle Maiden and Erta were added.
Valkyrie is speaking in Korean now, due to the lack of proper Japanese voices.
JP Valkyrie appears to be recycling voices of Battle Maiden and Erta, but
the Global English and Korean voices have separate voices for Valkyrie.
Decided to use Korean voices instead of vanilla English. 2015-01-25.
BUG FIX #7: The existing 1.06 version was auto-updated with English voices for Fighter.
This fixes the error messages for Viking, but also changes Fighter classes'
Japanese voices back into English. A temporary fix until I have some time
(and the motivation) to properly update Viking sounds. 2017-05-17
Castie
Site Admin

Re: Japanese Voice Pack for C9 Global

Postby ultracloud » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks for providing such awesome voice pack. I've been waiting for this for ages. But I have few questions to ask. Is there a way to make custom voice pack like I can re-make voices? If yes, is there a guide available for this? And how did you decompress/compress cfs files? I'm a bit noob in technical stuff but I can learn fast :)

and thanks again for the voice pack!
ultracloud

Postby Castie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:32 am

Hello there ultracloud, welcome to C9N :)

There is no guide on the matter, so I had to gather bits and pieces of information and figure out the rest. Fortunately, there were just enough information and resources available that I could complete it.

The CFS files can be unpacked and reimported (not repacked, it's a little different) using QuickBMS. I found out the hard way that for C9, we need to use the old version of the program -- for two days I was wondering why my voice pack wasn't working when everything seemed perfect. It turned out that the newest version of QuickBMS creates files that are not compatible with C9. Problem was instantly fixed after changing to the oldest version on their website. Using QuickBMS can be done with the GUI, but to really do things efficiently you'll need to open command prompt and work from DOS for some of it.

You also have to use this script for unpacking/reimporting C9's CFS files:
get idstring long
get unkown long
get version long
get files long
get null long
comtype LZMA
for i = 0 < files
get nsize long
filexor "0x3A"
getdstring name nsize
filexor ""
get size long
get zsize long
get offset long
clog name offset zsize size
next i

It's definitely possible to make a custom voice or sound pack, and I've considered putting in some signature voice or sound, but I didn't feel like spending another hour or two to wrap up, so I just left it clean, for now :p
Castie
Site Admin

Postby Castie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Apparently, Demonisher's skill sounds during Over Soul are muted right now. Will fix and post tomorrow night :)

If you see bugs, please post!
Castie
Site Admin

Postby Castie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:34 pm

I was going to do the fix tomorrow, but couldn't get it out of my head.. just fixed the Demonisher sounds and tested in Melting Gorge, seems fine now. Re-uploading at the moment.

The link should be up and working again in about 10 minutes, with the updated file. If you want to hear Demonisher sounds properly, best download this new file and re-install.
Castie
Site Admin

Postby ultracloud » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:54 pm

Kaverin wrote:Hello there ultracloud, welcome to C9N :)

There is no guide on the matter, so I had to gather bits and pieces of information and figure out the rest. Fortunately, there were just enough information and resources available that I could complete it.

The CFS files can be unpacked and reimported (not repacked, it's a little different) using QuickBMS. I found out the hard way that for C9, we need to use the old version of the program -- for two days I was wondering why my voice pack wasn't working when everything seemed perfect. It turned out that the newest version of QuickBMS creates files that are not compatible with C9. Problem was instantly fixed after changing to the oldest version on their website. Using QuickBMS can be done with the GUI, but to really do things efficiently you'll need to open command prompt and work from DOS for some of it.

You also have to use this script for unpacking/reimporting C9's CFS files:
get idstring long
get unkown long
get version long
get files long
get null long
comtype LZMA
for i = 0 < files
get nsize long
filexor "0x3A"
getdstring name nsize
filexor ""
get size long
get zsize long
get offset long
clog name offset zsize size
next i

It's definitely possible to make a custom voice or sound pack, and I've considered putting in some signature voice or sound, but I didn't feel like spending another hour or two to wrap up, so I just left it clean, for now :p

Thank you for your prompt feedback and your effort for bringing JP voice pack to the global version. Definitely, we are enjoying the new voices from JP version.
ultracloud

Postby Castie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Some Mystic voices were muted, so fixed those tonight and re-uploaded the new pack.

If anyone notices new bugs, please post, but I won't be able to post a fix for a while. Busy season in full blast now :)
Castie
Site Admin

Postby Castie » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Uploaded version 1.03. Made some more fixes to Mystic voices.
Castie
Site Admin

Postby ultracloud » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello Kaverin

I'm just wondering how I can repack sound files after I replace them with my custom voice pack. You mentioned that you repacking needs to be done differently; not by using QuickBMS. Can you provide me with some tips and tools that you need to repack the sound files?

Thank you :)
ultracloud

Postby Castie » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 am

Hi ultracloud,

Sorry I did not notice your post until just now. I have a major deadline falling tomorrow and have not been checking the forum for a few days. There also appears to be some fluke with the posting options which requires me to approve posts; I thought I disabled that feature by tweaking a few things, but I guess it didn't get the job done.

Glad to hear that you've been considering and/or working on a custom voice pack! :)

I did all of my extraction and reimporting with QuickBMS, but I found that there is some kind of version difference causing flukes in extracting, then reimporting them.

Long story short, for whatever reason, C9's CFS files need to be extracted using the latest QuickBMS version + the script I posted above, but when reimporting, you need to use the oldest version of QuickBMS + the QuickBMS script I posted above. Don't use the script posted on the QuickBMS website, that appears to be outdated or otherwise buggy (it causes all sorts of weird problems).

I would recommend that you do the actual extraction and reimport using command line and batch script (.bat) files, rather than with the default GUI you get when you double-click quickbms.exe, because the default GUI requires you to select the script/input/output manually each time and does not let you select other options. The -d option/switch is especially useful in extracting sound files into the respective folders and subfolders. To reimport easily and quickly with the correct options, I made a simple batch script file which I copied to each respective subfolder and edited the file name (PM_SKILLS.cfs, etc.) in it for simple double-click reimport (this is especially useful for future reimports).

It would be a good idea to keep backups of the newest and oldest versions of QuickBMS. There may be a magical version in between the latest and oldest which works properly in both extracting and reimporting, but I have not bothered looking for it myself. I simply use the newest version to extract, and oldest version to reimport. The script is the same (posted above) for both.

If you run into problems, feel free to post here.. I look forward to your custom pack :)
Castie
Site Admin

Next

Return to Board index

Return to C9 General Discussion