Go to footer

Japanese Voice Pack for C9 Global

This is the place to discuss everything about C9 that doesn't fall into any of the following subcategories.

Re: Japanese Voice Pack for C9 Global

Postby killamike1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:06 am

Hi, i registered here cuz i wanted to ask something..

i like this pack allot but mystic sounds dont work,
when i do a skill it gives me a error
do i use outdated version ?
can u give me a new version ? and if u have i want the korean version :)

Hope to hear from u soon

Regards
killamike1

Postby kuumicchi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:49 pm

The voice pack is outdated, killamike1. Erta voices were acquired barely a few days ago. Karevin is working on it, but is busy with work in real life, so it'll take a while. If you read the final comments of the post, then you'll know. For now, we just have to wait and deal with the english voices until the pack is ready. ^^
kuumicchi

Postby Castie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 am

yeah, sorry to keep you guys waiting but I've been working until late night most days since last week (including the weekend), so I didn't have any time to work on the voice pack last weekend. I finally finished that project yesterday, but just started another one -- not planning on working too much this weekend though, gotta rest up, so I will work on updating the JP voice pack this Saturday. I just hope all the files are indeed already in the voice pack and it just needs a structural update.

I will post either a news update, or perhaps the updated voice pack if all goes well, by Saturday evening :)

as for the KR voice pack, CoffeeAddict updated Mlikyway's voice pack a few months ago and posted it on the Korean C9 boards. not sure if it includes Erta, but you can get it here (look for the part on the bottom of the picture that says "Ver. 3.0.1" with an arrow (download) icon. it's an executable patcher (.exe), and I've read on that page that some antivirus/browsers falsely detect the patch as a virus or malware because it is not a well known file, but I'm pretty sure it's safe.

http://c9.gamechosun.co.kr/board/view.p ... num=579122

(thanks to CoffeeAddict and Mlikyway for their hard work! :mrgreen:)
Castie
Site Admin

Postby killamike1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 pm

hi,

Thanks allot mate.

GL with your voice pack i will be checkin the updates here :)

PS, i cant seem to open the link u posted for korean pack. it doesnt respond.

i cannot enter this site, page not found for me idk why. i entered it with proxy but i cant download the file it will just be 0bytes and give me error so please,
If its possible for u to download this pack for me and upload it to zippyshare or something please ? :)
ty
killamike1

Postby Castie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Guys, I'm uploading version 1.05 of the JP voice pack now, it should be finished in about 20 minutes. Enjoy! :)

Mystic sounds should work now, but I don't have an Erta nor Battle Maiden so have not been able to test beyond regular Mystic sounds. Battle Maiden sounds should be fine, but I think Erta's "speech" sounds will be mostly in English, because the C9 JP files I have simply do not contain the Erta Japanese speech sounds (Mystic vc files 32 and higher).

So it's a half-measure, which I did not want to do, but I guess it's better than getting file errors :p

At least, it should work without any errors. Please try it out and post results here, I am curious to see whether Erta is indeed speaking in English or not.

@mike, check your PM ;)
Castie
Site Admin

Postby Castie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Version 1.05 is uploaded now :P
Castie
Site Admin

Postby Rasetsumaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:41 am

hmm, i think i have a hunch as to why there is no Japanese Erta voice, and it is because until now, Erta has no seiyuu (vcoice actor in japan) yet.

I also investigated the sound files in my C9 JP and it turns out they sound korean to me.

Anyways, Kaverin thanks for the voice pack once again!
Rasetsumaru

Postby Castie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks again for the files Rasetsumaru :)

There actually are Korean voices included in both the Global and JP clients, but those files with Korean speech in them are usually not used by the Global and JP clients.

After looking through the audio files for many hours, I also began to suspect that C9 JP simply didn't have unique voice sets for Erta yet, but I wasn't sure because I didn't get to test it in Global (I don't have Erta), nor JP. if indeed the Erta in JP server does not (yet) "speak" Japanese while performing skills, that would explain a lot. The Korean and English Erta are very talkative during Erta-specific skills, so there actually should be a lot of Japanese speech files too, but they simply are not there, for Erta-specific skills anyway.

Basically, there are about 32 different skill numbers for Battle Maiden, and about the same number for Erta, but while there are English and Korean voice files for skills 33 - 62 or so (Erta skill voices), there are no Japanese voice files for 33-62. The skill effect / attack sounds are there for 33-62 (same for Korean/English/Japanese I think, since they are non-voice), but not the Japanese speech files.

I guess we just have to wait until the Japanese Battle Maiden voice actor (Carla from Fairy Tail) records the Erta voices.. I like her voice a lot compared to the English/Korean voices :p
Castie
Site Admin

Postby Castie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:49 am

oh, and I forgot to mention one little fix.. Mystic's sleep sounds have been updated, I forgot to change that last time, so the sleep sound was still the English voice... and the English Mystic humming sound is just too annoying lol

it's better now :)
Castie
Site Admin

Postby catalin335 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:51 am

ty you are amazing nice work
catalin335

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to C9 General Discussion